Memphis, TN 38103
Tel: (901) 524-5150
Fax: (901) 524-5024
• Personal Injury Litigation
• Medical Malpractice
• Nursing Home Litigation
• Premises Liability
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
• Tennessee, 1988
• Memphis Bar Association
• Tennessee Bar Association
• American Bar Association
Mr. Jones began his practice at the firm in 1989 and has been a member since 1997. His practice focuses on plaintiff’s personal injury cases, primarily in the areas of medical malpractice and nursing home litigation. He has also litigated plaintiff’s Title VII cases, premises liability cases, automobile and trucking accidents, and roll-over cases. He was inducted in to the American College of Trial Lawyers in October 2013.
In 2005, Mr. Jones represented a plaintiff in obtaining one of the largest jury verdicts ever awarded in a medical malpractice case in Tennessee, Palanki v. Vanderbilt.
In 2012, the Tennessee Court of Appeals upheld a jury verdict in Gaw v. Vanderbilt, involving a minor child who had undergone bladder exstrophy surgery.
In Fall 2012, Mr. Jones obtained a verdict in a medical malpractice case in Western Tennessee for more than $900,000.
In January 2013, Mr. Jones and Tannera Gibson represented a plaintiff in obtaining a verdict in a medical malpractice case in Shelby County for more than $1.3 Million Dollars, Martin v. Campbell Clinic.
Mr. Jones is active in several community organizations. He has served as a board member of Shelby County Books from Birth and was Chairman of the Board of Directors of the YMCA of the Mid-South.
• Tennessee Technological University, University of Tennessee (B.A., 1981)
• University of Memphis (J. D., 1988); Staff member, Memphis State University Law Review, 1987-1988
• Emory University (LL.M., 1989)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
• Named Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in the Memphis area (2015)
• Named to the Best Lawyers® in America list in the areas of Medical Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law (2008 - 2015)
• Named to the "Top 100 Tennessee Super Lawyers" list (2008-2014)
• Named to the "Top 50 Memphis Super Lawyers" list (2007-2014)
• Named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers list in the area of Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff (2006-2014)
• Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
• Fellow, Memphis Bar Foundation
• Board Chair, Metropolitan Board of the YMCA of the Mid–South (2002-2004); Former Board Member
• Former Board Member, Shelby County Books from Birth
• Board Member, ExploreFaith.com (2003-2010)
• Memphis State University Moot Court Board (1987-1988)
• National Mock Trial Team 1987 and 1988 (Finalist Regional Competition)
• Winning Counsel, Advanced Moot Court Competition, Law Clerk to Criminal Court Judges, Memphis, Tennessee (1986-1987)
• Barrister, American Inns of Court, Leo Bearman, Sr. Chapter (1995-1998)
• Memphis Bar Association (Director, Young Lawyers Division, 1991)
PUBLICATIONS AND RECENT PRESENTATIONS
• Author: Comment, Cleckner v. Dale, Admissibility of Expert Testimony on Standard of Care in Legal Malpractice Cases, 18 MEM. ST. U. L. REV. 555 (1989)