Admitted to Practice
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
Lani Lester’s practice focuses on commercial & business litigation, intellectual property, information technology & media law, personal injury litigation.
A lifelong Memphian, Lani Lester joined Burch, Porter & Johnson after graduating from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law. Her civil litigation practice focuses on commercial and business matters, including intellectual property and personal injury issues. Clients of Ms. Lester can expect to receive a thorough analysis of the law in service of a clear legal strategy for addressing their needs.
Besides her appreciation for being a part of a group of professionals committed to providing the best legal service to our clients, Ms. Lester enjoys serving on boards for the Mid-South Peace and Justice Center, the Community Legal Center and Memphis Challenge.
- The University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., 2016) cum laude
- Middle Tennessee State University (B.S., 2009) cum laude
Professional Honors and Activities
- Moot Court Board (2015-2016)
- CALI Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Organizations, Voting Rights, and Neighborhood Preservation Clinic (2015)
- Dean’s Award for Excellence, Best Brief in Legal Methods II
- American Constitution Society, Student Chapter President (2014-2015), Vice-President (2015-2016)
- Summer 2014 Research Assistant to Professor Andrew Mcclurg, Herff Chair Of Excellence In Law
- 2014 Advanced Moot Court Competition Awards for Top Ten Oral Advocate and “Favorite Competitor”
Publications and Presentations of Note
- Co-author, "The 2018 Amendments to the Neighborhood Preservation Act: A More Powerful Tool for Blight Eradication," Guest Column in The Daily Memphian (January, 2019)
- Co-author, "Yahoo’s Reliance on its Quarterly Performance Review Procedure to Terminate Employees," HRProfessionals Magazine (April 2016)
- Board of Directors, Memphis Peace and Justice Center
- Board of Directors, the Community Legal Center
- Board of Directors, Memphis Challenge