Estate Planning & Probate
The attorneys of the firm’s Estate Planning and Probate practice group provide comprehensive estate and business planning services as well as representation on all probate matters. Our attorneys strive to provide lifetime and post-mortem planning and administrative services which are tailored to each client’s particular needs.
The services we traditionally provide our clients include:
- Business, Estate, and Tax Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Asset Protection Planning
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Establishing and Maintaining Family-Owned Business Entities
- Advice Regarding Lifetime Gifts and other Transfers
- Drafting Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Creation of Special Needs Trusts
- Creation of Irrevocable Trusts and Grantor Trusts to Accomplish Various Life-time and Post-Mortem Planning Objectives
- Retirement Planning and Related Tax Advice
- Representation of Trust Departments, Trustees, Personal Representatives and other Fiduciaries
- Representation of Grantors and Trust Beneficiaries
- Advice Concerning Preparation of Estate and Generation Skipping Tax, Gift Tax and Fiduciary Income Tax Returns and Negotiations with the IRS
- Planned Giving to Benefit Charitable Organizations, Including the Establishment of Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Private Foundations, and Supporting Organizations
- Representation in Matters Involving Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Serving as Legal Counsel for Various Tax-Exempt Organizations
Our members have a vast amount of experience and expertise in estate planning and probate matters.
In connection with our estate planning and probate services, we work closely with other practices areas in the firm, including the Real Estate and Commercial Transactions practice group, to provide the most complete level of service possible.