Members of the firm’s Real Estate practice group have decades of experience in advising clients on all aspects of the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of real property. The group works actively with clients in planning, structuring, negotiating and closing real estate transactions, utilizing the experience and expertise of our attorneys to handle matters efficiently and cost-effectively.
Our real estate clients include Fortune 500 companies, privately-held companies, small businesses, developers, investors, financial institutions, and municipalities and other governmental agencies. We represent buyers and sellers, both regionally and out-of-state.
Our attorneys are familiar with a myriad of real estate matters, often serving as local counsel on multi-state loan transactions, representing lenders as well as borrowers in commercial real estate lending matters, and representing lenders in Uniform Commercial Code transactions.
The firm’s real estate lawyers regularly represent clients in the following matters:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of real property, including matters ranging from complex multi-state transactions to simple conveyances
- Assistance and advice concerning environmental site assessments
- Commercial leases (industrial, office, and retail)
- Construction contracts and financing
- Entity selection
- Environmental compliance
- Land use and zoning regulation
- Like-kind exchanges
- Low-income housing
- Management contracts
- Payment-in-lieu-of-tax programs
- Real estate development and re-development
- Real estate financing
- Real estate taxation
- Title defense
- Title curative matters