Admitted to Practice
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
Kaitlyn Cornett focuses her practice in the areas of taxation, corporate & business law, charitable & not-for-profit organizations, and estate planning & probate.
A graduate of the University of Memphis law school, Ms. Cornett recently completed her LL.M. in taxation at New York University School of Law. Prior to law school, she worked as a corporate business analyst.
Ms. Cornett is a native Memphian. She enjoys working with nonprofit organizations and spends much of her free time helping to organize charity events, including the Memphis Bar Foundation Race Judicata.
- New York University (Masters of Law, Taxation, 2020)
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., 2019) cum laude
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.S., Accounting, 2013)
Professional Honors and Activities
- ABA Law Student Tax Challenge Semi-Finalist (2019)
- CALI Award (Highest Grade in Class): Corporate Tax (Spring, 2018) & Partnership Tax (Fall, 2018)
- Research Assistant: Professor William Kratzke (2018-2019); Assistant Dean Sue Ann McClellan (2017-2018)
- Student Bar Association: Executive Director (2018-2019); Director of Events (2017-2018); Bar Governor (2016-2017)
- Association of Women Attorneys: Treasurer (2017-2019); Member (2016-2017)
- Co-Director, Race Judicata 5K, benefitting Memphis Bar Foundation Access to Justice programs (2018-2019)