Admitted to Practice
United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2017
Memphis Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
William Irvine is a native Memphian who received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and his juris doctor from Vanderbilt Law School. After completing his education, Mr. Irvine came back to Memphis to pursue his career where he felt he could be beneficial to his community. His practice focuses on Intellectual Property, Information Technology & Media Law, Labor & Employment Law, and Products Liability.
Though he is a Memphis native, Mr. Irvine has enjoyed living in other parts of the world, including Los Angeles, California and Seoul, South Korea, where he was a high school teacher and swim coach.
- In May 2018, Mr. Irvine co-counseled with Molly Glover in obtaining a defense verdict for their client in a wrongful death case in Shelby County.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 2016)
- University of Tennessee (B.A. 2010), magna cum laude
Professional Honors and Activities
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Sheryl H. Lipman, United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Vanderbilt University Law School Moot Court Board (2015-2016)
- Volunteer, REACH Memphis
- Screening Committee, Indie Memphis Film Festival