Admitted to Practice
Tennessee Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
John R. "Mac" McCarroll's practice focuses on commercial and business litigation, municipal law, insurance litigation and coverage, and products liability. His primary focus is civil litigation, municipal law and personal injury litigation.
Mr. McCarroll has been in the legal industry for nearly 30 years, and strives to serve his clients by addressing their problems as early in litigation as possible.
A lifelong Memphian, Mr. McCarroll graduated from Vanderbilt University, where he studied history and was a four year football letterman. He then attended the University of Mississippi School of Law, graduating cum laude. When he is not in the office, Mr. McCarroll enjoys cooking, fishing, and watching SEC football.
Representative Legal Matters
- In 1999 and 2000, Mr. McCarroll handled and resolved favorably, the defense of a very high profile lawsuit involving the catastrophic injury and ultimate death of a local nurse, who was allegedly injured due to the alcohol consumption of the other driver at a popular local restaurant.
- From 1995 until 2009, Mr. McCarroll represented a large Tunica Casino in litigation of all types in all courts, including the Supreme Court of Mississippi.
- In 2014, Mr. McCarroll handled and resolved the defense of a national auto parts retailer in a high profile case in which an employee allegedly stabbed a disruptive customer.
- In 2015 and 2016, Mr. McCarroll obtained $750,000 settlements for two clients in unrelated lawsuits.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, cum laude, (J.D., 1991)
- Vanderbilt University, (B.S., 1987)
Professional Honors and Activities
- City Attorney, City of Germantown (2019)
- Named as a Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Insurance Law in Memphis (2016)
- Named to Best Lawyers in America® list in the areas of Insurance Law, Personal Injury-Defendants, Personal Injury-Plaintiffs, and Product Liability-Defendants (2012-present)
- Board of Urban Community Ministries
- Head of Soup Pot Ministry at Holy Apostles Episcopal Church