National Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
Jana M. Mitchell focuses her practice on corporate and business law, with experience in contract drafting and negotiation, marketing and advertising law, and SEC compliance. Prior to joining the firm in 2020, Jana was an in-house corporate lawyer with AutoZone, Inc., a Fortune 300 company based in Memphis. During law school, Jana participated in a study abroad program focused in International Law from Howard University School of Law.
She is a native Memphian that enjoys spending her free time with family & friends, practicing yoga, and enjoying the arts scene that Memphis has to offer.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa, Law School Study Abroad Program (2013)
- Hampton University (B.S., 2009)
Professional Honors and Activities
- Memphis Business Journal Best of the Bar Finalist- In-House Counsel (2020)
- Memphis Grizzlies HBCU Empowerment Award (2020)
- National Bar Association, Ben F. Jones Chapter- Corresponding Secretary (2019)
- Inaugural President- Memphis Chapter of the National Hampton Alumni Association (“NHAA”) (2017-Present)
- Mentor, Tennessee Bar Association Diversity Leadership Institute (“DLI”) (2017-2018)
- Graduate, Dale Carnegie 12 Week Leadership Training Series (December 2017)
- Graduate, New Memphis Institute Embark Leadership Program (November 2017)
- Board of Directors, The Collective Arts Group ("CLTV") (2017-present)
- Volunteer activities, Beta Epsilon Omega graduate chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.