Admitted to Practice
American Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
Eric Plumley’s practice primarily includes commercial & business litigation, personal injury litigation, education, government relations & municipal law, and insurance litigation & coverage.
He maintains a broad civil practice that focuses on personal injury and business litigation in both state and federal courts in Tennessee and has considerable experience in complex premises liability and negligent security matters. Eric has had bench and jury trials in Shelby County and other counties in Western Tennessee. He also practices municipal and education law, representing cities and serving as the attorney for the Board of Education for the Lakeland School System.
Following law school, Eric served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Alan E. Glenn of the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals and later taught as an adjunct professor at the University of Memphis School of Law. He presently serves as a member of the firm's Recruiting Committee.
- University of Memphis (J.D., 2002), magna cum laude
- Fordham University (B.A., 1995)
Professional Honors and Activities
- Named to the Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Stars list (2008, 2011- 2013)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Memphis School of Law (2005- 2007)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Alan E. Glenn, Judge, Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals (2002- 2003)
- Recipient, Cecil C. Humphreys Law Fellowship
- Legal Committee Chair, Board of Directors, Central Gardens Neighborhood Association
- President, Wahpeton Hill Homeowners Association