About Our Firm
Diversity matters. At Burch Porter & Johnson, we recognize the intrinsic value of having individuals of different races, cultures, and backgrounds seated at the table to offer varying perspectives that improve client service, enhance the work place, and benefit the legal community.
Diversity is our responsibility. Our firm understands that diversity is necessary at every level and we are committed to promoting diversity both inside and outside our law firm through recruitment efforts of minority candidates, promoting diverse leadership within the firm, encouraging our lawyers to participate in organizations that promote diversity and inclusion, and supporting initiatives aimed at creating opportunities for both minority law students and minority high school students interested in the field of law.
Diversity is our mission. For many decades, Burch Porter & Johnson has encouraged its attorneys and staff to participate and engage in activities that promote diversity and build community. Burch Porter & Johnson has supported attorney participation and involvement in the following organizations:
- Memphis Bar Association Summer Intern Program
- Co-Sponsorship with Black Law Students Association (BLSA) at the U of M for yearly seminars
- Minority Business Council
- Ben F. Jones Chapter of the National Bar Association
- Association for Women Attorneys
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Community Legal Center
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Memphis Area Legal Services
- Memphis Challenge