Admitted to Practice
United States Supreme Court, 2006
American Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Memphis Bar Association
David Goodman’s practice primarily focuses on commercial & business litigation, government relations & municipal law, insurance litigation & coverage, personal injury litigation, medical malpractice, and products liability. He is licensed to practice law in both Tennessee and Mississippi, and is also admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court.
- In February, 2015, Mr. Goodman, Tannera Gibson and Les Jones represented a plaintiff in obtaining a significant verdict in a medical malpractice case in Shelby County, Tennessee.
- In May of 2017, Mr. Goodman, Les Jones and former Burch, Porter & Johnson partner Todd Rose obtained a jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a medical malpractice case in rural West Tennessee.
- University of Mississippi (J.D., 2001), cum laude; Senior Articles Editor (2000 – 2001), Staff Member (1999 – 2000), University of Mississippi Law Journal
- Clemson University (B.A., 1998), magna cum laude
Professional Honors and Activities
- Named to the Mid-South Rising Stars list in the areas of Personal Injury, General: Defense and General Litigation (2008 - 2015)
- Memphis Bar Association Leadership Forum (2006 – 2007)
- Recipient, Alston and Jones Earl T. Thomas Award for Excellence in Writing: Outstanding Comment Award, University of Mississippi Law Journal (2000- 2001)
- Daniel, Coker, Horton & Bell Scholarship Award (2000 – 2001)
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students (2000 – 2001)
- John Bee Scholarship Award (1999- 2000)
Publications and Presentations of Note
- Presenter, “Medical Malpractice Update,” Memphis Bar Association (2015)
- Author published comment, Proposals for a Federal Prohibition of Internet Gambling: Are There Any Other Viable Solutions to This Perplexing Problem? 70 MISS. L. J. 375 (2000)
- Author published, Case Note, Constitutional Law Federal Prohibitions on Advertising for Private Casinos are Unconstitutional if Such Advertising is Broadcast from Stations in States Where Such Gaming is Lawful, 69 MISS. L. J. 575 (1999)
- Cubmaster, Cub Scout Pack 75 (2018-present)
- Member, City of Memphis Civilian Law Enforcement Review Board (2004 – 2012)