The law firm of Burch, Porter & Johnson is pleased to announce that five of our attorneys have been named 2017 Lawyers of the Year by peer-review publication TheBest Lawyers in America©. Douglas F. Halijan, David J. Harris, Les Jones, Lisa Krupicka and Allen T. Malone were recognized in the following practice areas:
- Douglas F. Halijan: The Best Lawyers® 2017 Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in the Memphis area
- David J. Harris: The Best Lawyers® 2017 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law “Lawyer of the Year” in the Memphis area
- Les Jones: The Best Lawyers® 2017 Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” in the Memphis area
- Lisa Krupicka: The Best Lawyers® 2017 Employment Law – Management “Lawyer of the Year” in the Memphis area
- Allen T. Malone: The Best Lawyers® 2017 Litigation – Environmental “Lawyer of the Year” in the Memphis area
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer-review assessments.
Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Since it was first published in 1983, TheBest Lawyers in America© has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.