The law firm of Burch, Porter & Johnson, PLLC is pleased to announce that Melisa Moore has become a member of the firm, effective January 1, 2018. She joined the firm as an associate in 2011, after practicing law at a regional insurance defense firm. Ms. Moore focuses her practice on insurance defense, workers’ compensation, personal injury, Section 1983 Civil Rights litigation, and commercial and business litigation.
A native Memphian and graduate of Trezevant High School, Ms. Moore returned to Memphis after completing her undergraduate education at the University of Tennessee at Martin. She obtained her law degree from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law where she graduated with honors. Prior to her graduation from the University Of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School Of Law in 2009, Ms. Moore was a staff member for the University of Memphis Law Review and active in the Christian Legal Society and Black Law Students Association.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Moore dedicates much of her time to community activities and organizations. Some of these include:
- Founding Board Member of Memphis Merit Charter School
- Board Member and Secretary of F.F.U.N. (Freedom from Unnecessary Negatives)
- Mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the MidSouth
- Former Board Member of the Community Legal Center
- Former Mentor for the Memphis Grizzlies Academy Mentoring Program