Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
Louisiana Bar Association
New Orleans Bar Association
Marshall Cox is an attorney practicing corporate and business law, representing businesses and ventures including regional and national manufacturers and distributors, small business owners and private investors. His practice areas of focus include mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and secured lending, facilitating loans for commercial borrowers to fund operations and strategic growth.
A graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, Mr. Cox served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law and served as an extern for Judge Susie Morgan of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Mr. Cox began his legal career in litigation with McGlinchey Stafford in New Orleans, LA and was an active member of the New Orleans Bar Association, serving as the Young Lawyers Section Chair of the 2019 Bench Bar Conference. A native of the Memphis area, Mr. Cox returned to Memphis in 2020 to join Burch, Porter & Johnson in the firm’s transaction practice group.
Mr. Cox enjoys playing the guitar, cooking and traveling. During his undergraduate studies at Tulane University, he spent a semester studying in a Spanish language immersion program at the Universidad de Granada in Granada, Spain.
Mr. Cox is currently authorized to practice law in Tennessee pursuant to Tenn. Sup. Ct. R. 7, Section 10.07.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2015); Senior Managing Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law
- Tulane University (B.A., 2012) cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Honors and Activities
- Named Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2019–2020
- Named Best Lawyers “Ones To Watch” (2021)
- Young Lawyers Section Ambassador, New Orleans Bar Association
Publications and Presentations of Note
- Author, “Defending Against Personal Injury Claims Supported by Litigation Funding,” DRI’s The Voice (September 2017)